Cosmetic Tattoo - Treatment Areas
The eyebrow is a popular area for cosmetic tattooing and used to be a rather dramatic affair – usually a thin, arched, line – because that’s how women wanted it. Nowadays styles have changed, and eyebrow tattoos and other permanent eye makeup are softer and more natural.
There can be gaps in the eyebrow, sometimes due to over plucking, scarring or perhaps only half an eyebrow exists naturally this can be filled in with natural looking hair stokes or shading.
If the brows are starting to droop, giving the eyes a tired look, we can draw the brows slightly higher at the tail end to give the eyes a more open youthful look, or lower the arch of the brow if desired.
Colour is implanted to your desired shape, framing the eyes with a more defined shape.
Pre-Procedure Instructions for Permanent Eyebrows:
- Please perform any tweezing, tinting or waxing of your brows at least 48 hrs prior to your treatment.
- Please do not consume alcohol, aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinning medications in the seven days prior to, and two days after, any procedure. Please consult your physician should you require further medical advice or assistance related to this.
- On your request we will happily conduct a skin test on a small patch of your skin. However, it should be noted that whilst allergic reactions to pigments and dyes are extremely rare, they do not always occur immediately following any treatment and therefore a skin test does not guarantee a treatment without reaction.
- Bring a picture of someone who has an eyebrow shape and style you like.
The eyeliner can give you a permanent made-up look. The whites of your eyes look whiter and brighter, and no more running eyeliner halfway through the day. Eyeliner can be applied in various styles, just as you can draw it on in different ways with an eyeliner pencil. Thick, thin, tapered, with or without tails, full line, three quarter line, half line.
The idea is to create a look to enhance and define the eye. We can appear to change the shape of the eye by choosing the correct thickness, shape and colour of the eyeliner.
Eyelash enhancement will add definition to the eyes. This procedure inserts pigments in between the lashes to make them look fuller, but maintain a natural look.
Accent colours may be used to match, contrast or deepen the colour of the eyes. Accent colours (also called shades) are applied in addition to black or brown / black standard style eyeliner to create an eye shadow look.
Pre-Procedure Instructions for Permanent Eyeliner:
- No aspirin or blood thinners (per physician’s approval) for at least 2 days prior to your procedure.
- Do not wear contacts on the day of your procedure bring glasses if needed.
- Eyelash extensions must be removed prior to appointment.
- Bring your favorite eye liner pencil the day of your procedure.
- If you are interested in something “fancy” or unusual, please bring a picture for demonstrative purposes.
The lip creates an attractive lip line that enhances the shape of the mouth and looks great with or without make-up. People who have no definite lip shape, pale lips, sun damaged lips, uneven lips or lips that have lost the shape as a result of cold sores or injury can use this procedure to give them a definite lip shape or simply to emphasise or enlarge the lips with out the expense of a lip filler.
Pre-Procedure Instructions for Permanent Lip Liner:
- No aspirin or blood thinners (per physician’s approval) for at least 3 days prior to your procedure. Do not take Nurofen on the day of procedure as it is a blood thinner.
- If you have any history of cold sores you must obtain a prescription from your doctor for anti-viral medication (such as Zovirax, Famvir, or Valtrex) to be taken 2 days prior, the day of, and 2-5 days after your lip procedure to avoid any outbreaks. Less sever cold sore suffers may try L-lysine herbal tables from your health food store or pharmacy.
- If you do not think you have ever had cold sores or fever blisters, you will not need to take this precaution.
- Bring your favourite lip liner pencil or lipstick the day of your procedure.